Zen Reading of the Day

a moment of pause... a moment of tranquility... a moment of reflection... And, of course, a moment of rudeness, just to finish it off.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Mild-mannered by day, even more mild-mannered by night. On the weekends, so mild-mannered that I lose muscle-tone.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Found Zen Reading

Every once in a while, I come across something that isn't in The Little Zen Companion but that, darn it all, should be. For example, a friend related to me the following about a leadership development program that he and I both attended several years ago:

I took part in a telephone survey about the . . . training - very interesting. I was asked meaningful questions like "did you have a sense of fulsomness and capacity growth within yourself?" I have great humorous regard for "describe a situation where you used facilitative leadership to overcome personal and professional obstacles in an inclusive and reflective way".

My Thoughts Elevating to a Higher Plane:

Whenever I feel a sense of fulsomness and capacity growth within myself, I take a little Gas-X. Works every time.

Oh, and there's that time I used facilitative leadership to overcome that personal obstacle in an inclusive and reflective way. I remember it like it was yesterday. My car wouldn't start, presenting me with a critical personal obstacle... Luckily, my extensive training in facilitative leadership kicked in! I facilitated the towing of my car by calling--inclusively--every tow company in town. When all the tow trucks arrived at my house, we reflected on the importance of maintaining the integrity of each tow driver's commitment to getting my car to the shop. Granted, the first driver to arrive was much more enthusiastic about this reflection, seeing as how he already had my car hooked up to his truck, and the other drivers seemed to be a bit put out, but I truly feel that we all engaged in a meaningful and personally resonant exchange of perspectives. It is my hope that each driver left my house that much more personally, professionally, and yes, even spiritually empowered by our frank sharing of our separate yet legitimate thoughts, beliefs, and opinions. But I have to admit that I was suprised when someone keyed my car at the shop...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home